Thursday 25 August 2011

Catching up.

As I am trying to catch up with things on my blog I am going to carry on from where I finished, with more from my childhood memories project.
This is what I made for my final major project at university, I wanted to do a children’s tea party . I wanted it all girly and flowery, so I used mainly pastel colours with hand embroidery, beads, appliqué and patchwork (miss match patchwork).

I really enjoyed making this, I have to say it is my favourite piece of work I have made, (along side my Egyptian theme table runner, that I will post at a later date).

I made, chair cushions, personalised party bags, a table cloth, party buntings and wall art.

I did intend to make place mats, coasters and napkins along with beading and embroidery on all the chair cushions, but I didn’t have time to bead on all four so only one got my attention on that.

For the embroidered images on my table cloth, I used images of my younger cousin Mia 6, along with some of her shoes and bags. She was so made up with it, she couldn’t stop showing it off and has said she wants it for her party, along with the party buntings and wall art for her room, that contain some pictures she has drawn for me over the past few years.


(I shall put pictures of the images sewn onto my table cloth on tomorrow when i have more time).












No comments:

Post a Comment